Monday, September 27, 2010

Opening Session

Welcome to my blog on the SLAQ/IASL Conference 2010.

The conference theme is "School libraries in action: Diversity, challenge, resilience".

This blog is based on my perceptions of sessions that I attended reported as accurately as possible in order to share my learning with others. My sincere apologies to presenters if my perceptions of the material presented differ from the message they intended.

The morning began with the official opening by the Governor of Queensland, Her Excellency Penelope Wensley AO and a performance by the Queensland section of the Australian Girls' Choir. Brian Bahnisch (an icon of the t-l world in Queensland it would seem) launched a new publication "History of Teacher Librarianship in Queensland" which is available for purchase via SLAQ. From his overview it would seem that t-ls in Queensland have gone through the same kinds of issues as we have in SA and went through the same kind of fast track training in the early days of teacher librarianship as SA experienced.

No comments:

Post a Comment